I took the PLUNGE!

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

woodpuppy

I took the PLUNGE!

Post by woodpuppy »

I just called Shiloh, and Heather took my order for a #1 Sporter in .45-70, standard octagon with semi-buckhorn rear sight & blade front, shotgun stock with the traditional steel plate, x-fancy wood w/ AA finish, bone-charcoal pack hardened, pewter tip, polished black screws, and brass escutcheons. I may change to heavy barrel, we'll see; I really like the balance and pointability of the standard octagon. 8)

I want to thank you all for the help you've given me during my short membership here on the Forum. There's a wealth of info here, and I look forward to further exchange of info; I have plenty of time afterall!

now begins the wait, and as Tom Petty said "The waiting is the hardest part"

Dave
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

Woodpuppy:

Congratulations on your order. Sounds like it will be a beauty. I should be receiving my 1st special order with in the week. Like you it's a #1 sporter with many bells and whistles.

Stay on the forum and by the time you get your new rifle you will have some great knowledge about using it.

Take Care,

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Matthew_Q

Post by Matthew_Q »

Woodpuppy, from what I gather, you're going to love your Shiloh. I went the route of an Italian repro, but found that the Shilohs aren't really as expensive as I thought. Now, they can GET expensive with some of the options. I think in a couple years, I may be able to order a Shiloh.

Hang out here and read read read! There is a lot to learn, and with all the experience and great people here, this place is invaluable!