Range Box / Shooters Box

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

RANGER RICK

Range Box / Shooters Box

Post by RANGER RICK »

Hello all .
Looking to purchase a nice range box . Who makes these fine boxe's :?: I know cal Graf does and fine they are , I would like to have a few more options on other manufactures and or private builders . Any help at all would be great . Thanks in advance . :wink: Also looking for ammo boxes.

RR
Practice does not make perfect !! Perfect practice makes perfect !!!!!!
Kodiak

Post by Kodiak »

RR,

I am also looking to buy/have built a nice range-box. I had my gun-cart built by a local "buckskinner" and he did a great job. So I may return to him for my "end-all" :D range-box. One place you might look is at www.mtmcase-gard.com. Most of their stuff is molded plastic range-boxes and they also make ammo boxes (which I use) in 50-100 round boxes. The # R-100-10 GREEN holds 100 of my 45/90 cases easily, loaded @ 3.300" long. Good luck,
ole red

Post by ole red »

Ha Guys I to wanted a range box but passed out at the price.One day i
was at K-Mart and was in the tool section and noticed they had tool boxes
with wheels and extended handles that fold in to the box.The box holds my
spotting scope and tripod,muffs,elbowpads and some other stuff.It also came with a top tray with with several seperate small compartments with
plastic lids to hold small stuff.Its made by Black and Decker and the price
was 29 dollars.Its great and cheap and water proof and pleanty big.
Ole Red # 2 in brought enough gun club.
woodpuppy

Post by woodpuppy »

Does anybody sell plans to build your own?
Montana Roughrider .45-70
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

WoodPuppy: look on some of the cowboy action shooting sites or do a google search for "range cart" , range box, or words to that effect.

One of the better thought out combination cart-range box that I saw had 20“ pneumatic bicycle tires on it. I do believe that they were held in place by an easily removable --yet secure--pin for when the cart was placed in the trunk. The large dia. wheels made the cart easy to move about over any terrain & the wide tyres kept the cart from bogging down in soft ground.
Grand PooBah
WA ST F. E. S.

In real life may you be the bad ass that you claim to be on social media....
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

Croft Barker sells range box plans, bench styx plans, rifle cradle plans, books, etc. etc. He advertises in Black Powder Cartridge News. His phone number is 361-865-0030. He's from Flatonia, TX. If you call him tell him Ken said hello.
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter
taw1126

Post by taw1126 »

When I was at Lowe's tonight I noticed they had some wooden toolboxes pretty cheap- around $20 or so. They're not real big (maybe 18-inches wide) but they have a removable top tray and look a little more period-coorect than injection molded plastic.
Shiloh 1874 Business .50
NRA Life Endowment Member
Member: RooseveltBrowning Hunt Club, Safari Club International, Winchester Arms Collectors Association
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

TAW: is "perriod correct" really that important?

It's quality construction when you have a several hundred dollar spotting scope inside or a case full of match grade rounds that took hrs. to fabricate?
Grand PooBah
WA ST F. E. S.

taw1126

Post by taw1126 »

Ray: All depends on who you are, I suppose- period correct doesn't mean spit to me. There are people, however, who take that sort of thing seriously. I'm not recommending the Lowe's box, putting down the plastic ones, or attempting to quantify something as slippery as a quality comparison between wood & modern polymers...just letting people who want an alternative to a $300 wooden range box know one that might meet their needs/budget is out there.
Shiloh 1874 Business .50
NRA Life Endowment Member
Member: RooseveltBrowning Hunt Club, Safari Club International, Winchester Arms Collectors Association
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

TAW: we agree!
Grand PooBah
WA ST F. E. S.