Beautiful original sharps, but insane caliber.

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

wwben47

Post by wwben47 »

Powder Flask and Wolfie..thanks for the info on the beech sights..I may have to try one.

Texas..For about the price of a VERY nice rifle, Marvin Huey will make you a case that is the equal of anyone in the world....I THINK he is in Kansas City.
Shoot it?..I caint even see it!
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

wwben47:

Thanks for the information.

Wow, your not kidding!

I wish I had a gun expensive enough to need a case like that. Pretty impressive.

Needless to say, that's a little out of my price range, however it does give a an idea of the kind of options one can order for a case.

Jeffs outfitters is the best I have found that seem nice without going crazy.

Have you ever seen one of these in person?

http://www.jeffsoutfitters.com/store.as ... 51&panel=1

I think I will give them a call and gather some more info.

Axtell used to make some nice cases, but they quit a while back. It's a shame because they looked really nice. That Axtell rifle for sale on Track of the Wolf, comes with one of the cases they used to sell.

Most everything else is for shotguns. The browning line is very nice, but only for shotguns as well.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

Regards,

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Texas Shooter,

Here is another place that could make a case for you. Their prices are not bad.

http://www.billscases.com/

Well Ray, you are of course right on that. And ever since I broke my crystal ball I've had one heck of a time foretelling the future, so anything could happen. But so far I have managed to hang on to all the guns I've acquired over the years. Except for the all steel, pre-war Walther P-38 (in perfect blue with only a very small abount of holster wear on the muzzle) I gave to my Step-son to replace the one he had that was taken when his home was burglarized a few years ago. I gave him the moulded P-38 holster and belt to go with it too. But that is the only gun I've ever seen any reason to part with.

Bubba, what a magnificent Sharps Creedmoor. And that is an eye popping buy it now price too. But then so is the minimum bid.

But the primary reason I made the comment that "I'ld druther have a Shiloh" is that I've examined some original Sharps, and I've examined some Shilohs (in addition to the one I have, can't count the one currently being made for me as I've not seen it yet). In my humble opinion, the Shilohs are better made rifles. Of course the Shilohs are the beneficiaries of approximatele a century and a half of improvement in technology, so they should be better made. If I had unlimited funds, I would love to collect, have and shoot both Shilohs and orginals. Since I do not have unlimited funds, I prefer the Shilohs. But, as the old lady said when she kissed the calf, "it is all a matter of taste". And I am definitely of the "To each his own" school of thought.
Lee Stone