wanting to trade

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

stubbyjohnson

wanting to trade

Post by stubbyjohnson »

I just recently bought a shilo sharps 50-90. I do not know anything about it and trying to reload and everything is a pain. I am wanting to see about trading for a 45-70 style shaprs that is close to what I have. Anyone interested let me know. My email is littleoompa@hotmail.com.
woodpuppy

Post by woodpuppy »

you might see about having Shiloh rebarrel it in .45-70 and sell your .50-90 barrel, just a thought.
Montana Roughrider .45-70
Bearbait2

Post by Bearbait2 »

Which model Shiloh do you have? Special features?
Best Wishes
Brent

Post by Brent »

If you do go the rebarreling route, I would be interested to consider that .50-90 barrel.
Email me at BrentD@iastate.edu
Thanks,

Brent
mrrangerman

Post by mrrangerman »

stubbyjohnson

Before you do anything with that gun, STOP and REGROUP. Talk with people on this sight and get there wisdom on that cal. Take it a little at a time, I'm sure you can get a good starting load from someone on this forum. I know sometimes it can get frustrating but don't hang in the towel on that cal yet. I have a rem rolling block in 43spanish I loaded some stock load for it, talk about bad group, about 12-14" at 100yrds. So I got on this site and asked around, got alot of info on this cal. Turns out my gun has a free bore, and my bullet was about 3/8 off the lands. So I seated the bullet out about a 1/4" to see what differance it would make, brought the group down to a 4" group right now. So I bought some 43basic brass and am working on making the cases longer. Take it one step at a time and I'm sure you can get the bugs worked out. It doesn't matter what cal. you are working on, they can all give you a fit from time to time, even the 45/70. unless you just want to use smokeless, (heptuy spit) these gun were made for BP, and BP is what makes them shine. Post on what gun and load you started with and lets see what happens.

Good Shootin
Dan
If you aim at nothing in life, you will hit your target every time.