Shooter needs help, PLEASE...

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

deerhuntsheatmeup

Shooter needs help, PLEASE...

Post by deerhuntsheatmeup »

I make this post with mixed emotions . On one hand, I am happy that Stuart Chaffin's newly born infant is doing well. This is after having to be flown to Philadelphia, PA for valve repair on his heart right after being born.

On the other hand, I am deeply concerned for the Chaffin family because I found out at our match this weekend that they had no medical insurance and it was speculated that the two medlife flights and the cost of the surgery at $250,000.00. This makes me feel sick. I was telling the shooters at the match that while we could not raise enough money to effect the medical bills, we could raise enough money to help with the day to day finantial needs. Stuart has not worked in 3 weeks I believe.

I hate to beg for money from people I have never met mostly. But this is an extreme case and if anyone would be able to help us, please send a check made to:

Stuart Chaffin
808 Treeline Dr
Brandon MS 39042

The MS-LA Mid-Range State Champ shoot is Oct. 16-17th. I am withdrawn from shooting and I am gonna fix breakfast and lunch to serve the shooters both days and this will be done for donations. My phone number is 601-502-3667 if you have any questions. I will foward the donations to Stuart after this shoot through Clarence Dykstra.

God Bless, and if you can help us, the Chaffin family needs you.

Best , David Barfield
General Rustie
Oiling Director
FES Society
It's hard to have a bright light experience, when you are living in the light.
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

David:

I'll get with you at the match.
Lee Stone
deerhuntsheatmeup

Thanks Lee, I will see you there....

Later, David Barfield
General Rustie
Oiling Director
FES Society
deerhuntsheatmeup

update

Fund Raising Update.

MVA is donating a $300.00 Gift Certificate that I will take silent bids on starting now.

Ken Hurst is donating $3,000.00 worth of engraving and I will start taking silent bids now.

In an extended conversation with Ken Hurst, he told me that we need to get the word out and tell as many people/shooters as we can. Ken also commented that he would do an extraordinary engraving for the highest bidder on the engraving. Basically, he will do about anything the winning bidder request. Thanks Ken for this huge donation and I can't wait to see the gun that you engrave for the person that reaches out to help the Chaffin family.

I am going to handle the auctions this way. I will take silent bids on my email until the afternoon of the 15th of October. At this time the only way to give the shooters at the match that don't have a computer, the opportunity to bid, is to start the bidding at the highest silent bid amount and if no one bids above the silent bid amount, the bidder is awarded the engraving,the MVA gift certificate will be done the same way. My email is barfield37@earthlink.net or dbarfield@sdhllc.com either will work.

I cannot tell the people at MVA or Ken Hurst how much I appreciate them. I will never buy another brand of sight as long as I shoot.

I am calling other vendors for other donations as time allows and I will post any/all the future items to be auctioned off.

Thanks in advance for your generosity,
Sincerely, David Barfield
General Rustie
Oiling Director
FES Society
deerhuntsheatmeup

Buffalo Arms Gift Certificate

Dave Gullo at Buffalo Arms has donated a $50.00 Gift Certificate to be auctioned off same as the other items. Someone start bidding please. All this can do is save you money, and help a needy family.

Thanks in advance, David Barfield
General Rustie
Oiling Director
FES Society
deerhuntsheatmeup

auction update

Guys and Girls,

I have just received an email from Kermit Hoke and he is donating a $425.00 Long Range sight for the fund raiser. I gave my word that I would eat my words online about only buying MVA as long as I shoot. I would like to say that I had no idea of the support we were going to get from these post. So therefore, I would consider buying a MVA or a Hoke sight equally.

Well I did not choke so I guess crow won't kill if you eat it.

Please bid to my email as posted previously and lets support these people that are supporting us in our time that we need it most.

Thanks in advance for your bidding and God Bless,

Best, David Barfield
General Rustie
Oiling Director
FES Society
deerhuntsheatmeup

update

Dean Becker has donated a i101 electronic scale to the auction. Please bid to my email. Thanks Dean and you guys can start bidding to my email.

Best, David Barfield
General Rustie
Oiling Director
FES Society
deerhuntsheatmeup

update

Bid List for fund raiser

1. $3,000.00 Ken Hurst engraving package
2. $300.00 Gift Certificate from MVA
3. $425.00 Hoke Long Range Sight
4. i101 Electronic Scale from Dean Becker
5. $50.00 Gift Certificate from Buffalo Arms
General Rustie
Oiling Director
FES Society
deerhuntsheatmeup

update

Hello all, I went to a search engine today and typed in "Ken Hurst Engraving" and hit enter, I saw some of the best handwork that I have ever seen. Please if you are considering a project with engraving, make a offer on this package. you will not be disappointed in the engraving and I give my word as a "Southern ------man" that the deal will be fair and square.

i am going to post on these boards every evening to bring the sIbject up to the top so it stays fresh on everyone's memory. No offense but it is more uncomfortable to ask for donations than it is to be asked. I am doing this as it just seems the right thing to do. Again, I hope no one gets put out with me for pleading for help for this family.

Good Luck Bidding, Best, David Barfield 601-502-3667
General Rustie
Oiling Director
FES Society
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Folks, I have seen Ken's engraving and believe, me anyone would bust their proud buttons to have some of his work. That is one fantastic package Ken Hurst has put into the bid. I wish I had a rifle pending so as to have a reason to bid on it.
Lee Stone
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

David:

I think what you are doing is a wonderful thing. I am interested in bidding for this project. Can you give us some further details?

How long will the bidding be open?
How does someone know where the bidding price currently is?

Thanks,

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

David:

Oops! I missed a page. Sorry about asking the questions already answered.

Thanks,

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

David:

Check your PM.

Thanks,

Ty O'Neal
aka Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
deerhuntsheatmeup

putting back on top

Just putting this back on top, Thanks
General Rustie
Oiling Director
FES Society