Inline seater dies

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Michael Johnson

Inline seater dies

Post by Michael Johnson »

Do the Shiloh inline seater dies fit in a standard press? ie: do they fit in a Saeco-Redding turret press. Other than the equivalent Shiloh chamber dimensions how do they compare to the Redding competition seater dies that have a micrometer stem? - Mike ps: what variety of nose punches are available for 45's?
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Goodmorning, These inline seaters are made up of two items. The die body its self is made from a barrel with a .4595 hole in it, for 45 for instance. It is chambered with the same reamer that the guns are done with. It can be used in a simple arbor press. As far as comparing with Redding, I'm not going to. This system is made to take a specific bullet and seat it straight in the case. If you change bullet nose contour, then you form another nose punch to that bullet. If you are working on a specific bullet and load, then load conventional. When you get a load that works, make a nose punch and use this body. I am able to let my son who is now 9, but started at seven, seat my rounds and not have to worry about run out.
The press has the same threads that a die has, and will screw into any press. I bought one of them cheap RCBS partner presses off of e-bay and just use it for seating. This system has no other choice but to be straight if you started with a good straight round when making the nose punch.
I am sure they will not work with say a browning because of the bigger chamber.
The other great thing with these, is if the round gets loaded in this, it will fit the gun without problem. Hope this helps. Thanks Kirk

P.S. As far as seating straighter than any other system it won't, it's just a hell of a lot faster, and you get the same results as far as runnout goes.
Tasmanian Rebel

Post by Tasmanian Rebel »

Kirk, are your inline seater die(s) available yet?
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Kirk, when might you have some for .50/90? I want one when you do. I'll need to order a .45/90 and .45/70 too.
Lee Stone
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Hi guys, I don't have any 50's yet, Lee. The others will be starting to go out this week, the 29th.