Quigley Rifle

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

OilRick

Quigley Rifle

Post by OilRick »

Hi Kirk
I'm new here to this forum.I've always wanted a Quigley rifle.Would it be possible to get one shipped to Canada?I'm not too sure how it would work with our new gun control laws here.If you have shipped any over here or know better then me how it works I'd sure appretiate hearing from you.

Thanx in advance
P.S.
What is the accurate range more or less for one of these rifles.Would like to hear about some of your guys experiances shooting these guns.
Lucinda

Post by Lucinda »

Oil Rick,
Good Evening! We export a lot of rifles into Canada. What you have to do, is provide us with a firearms dealer in your area that will take delivery of the rifle. We then ship your rifle to our exporter in Colorado, who will then bring it into your country. It works very smooth, just have to have the paper work in line.

You do not have to order through a dealer in Canada, you can deal direct with us. Just need the dealer to accept the delivery. Hope this answers your question.

Lucinda
OilRick

Post by OilRick »

Thank You very much Lucinda.I'll talk to my dealer to see if I can get the ball rolling.I'll talk to you soon!!!
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Oil Rick,

The accurate range of the Shiloh Sharps rifles is in excess of 1000yds, depending on the rifleman.

Just this last Saturday I actually hit a buffalo target at 652yds with my Shiloh .50/90 Sporter #1. And this was the first time I have ever fired a firearm at a target more than 200yds away from me. So for me to hit that bloody thing twice, you know the rifle had to be capable of a lot more accuracy than I am.

I know I am just a bit biased, but even so, I still think these are the finest rifles in the world. Just my humble opinion.
Lee Stone
KHR

Post by KHR »

lee,
I too have not shot a sharps at a real long range but it is sure fun. One time I was shooting at a quarry at about 1200 yards or so, it was fun to shoot, move out of the smoke, and then watch the impact (a cloud of dust). I also shot my .50 (but its a .50 bmg) at over a mile with incendiary, boy that was fun!
:-)
keith
Some originals and some Shilohs.
Molon Labe
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

I'll bet that .50bmg is accurate out beyond 2000yds if the rifleman(gunner?) is capable of it. I had a little trouble just seeing the target at 652yds.
Lee Stone
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Boy did I not read that. At over a mile. That .50bmg is something.
Lee Stone
Harlan Sage

Post by Harlan Sage »

Oilrick
I have shot targets at 1200 yards with 45-90. It takes a count of 6 to hear it hit the steel. That's almost long enough for me to forget I even shot.

Harlan
Just Shoot...EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS!

Guns Have 2 enemies, Rust and Politicians!
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

OilRick, check your Private Messages.
Lee Stone
BuckeyeShooter

Post by BuckeyeShooter »

Hey Harlan, is that what they call Adult Attention Disorder :lol: ?
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin-
OilRick

Post by OilRick »

I've always been interested in long distance shooting with these old style guns.I think there were about 10 movies I seen when I was a kid which got me hooked on them(long before the Quigley movie).You guys and girls will have to excuse my ignorace on knowlege of these guns and will sure appreciate any help you give me on them,especially when it comes to purchasing one.
I'm amazed at the distance you are achieving with these guns! I still tell the story of the moose I got with my 300 win mag at 700 yards which seems pale in comparison.Thanks for answering my query on accuracy with these guns.Which calibre in your opinion would be the best to get?I'm not really a big guy 6 feet tall and 180lbs (might be a little more with Christmas coming up!).I'd hate to get something that breaks my shoulder everytime I shoot it!But I also would like something with a little wallup.
Like I said I shoot a 300 win mag so if anyone could give me a comparison on kick,I'd sure appreciate it.Is it true also that its not the same type of kick its more of a push then a buck?
If Stominathome is out there,I found a place that will do it they said it was no problem.If you give me your e-mail address I'll give you their address.But I was going to check into them a little better before going through them.Oh and by the way we're almost nieghbors I'm northwestern Alberta just a little north of Grande Prairie.
Once again thanks everone for your help!!

Rick
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

"Which calibre in your opinion would be the best to get?"

I suggest that you peruse the archives as this is one of the most often asked & answered questions.
Grand PooBah
WA ST F. E. S.

In real life may you be the bad ass that you claim to be on social media....
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

OilRick check your private messages. - Mike
Harlan Sage

Post by Harlan Sage »

Buckeyeshooter
Yea, sort of like CRS, Can't Remember S**t.

My Favorite caliber is the 45-90, it is the most used cal in the national creedmore, and very easy to work loads.

Harlan
Just Shoot...EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS!

Guns Have 2 enemies, Rust and Politicians!
BuckeyeShooter

Post by BuckeyeShooter »

Harlan, well it's a good thing you have Wendy to keep you straight on the small details so all you have to do is let her know when she wins those prestigious national shooting titles. :idea:
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin-