Waage Pot

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

fjjensen

Waage Pot

Post by fjjensen »

After using my new WAAGE pot,I can't believe I waited this long to
buy it.BIG improvement over what I have been using.Thank you to
all that posted recomendations for WAAGE on this forum.
FJ
It made a great Christmas present for my wife!
shooter37

Post by shooter37 »

GOTTA LOVE THIS GUY... BUYS A MELTING POT FOR MAKING BULLETS AND GIVES IT TO HIS WIFE....
Bumper

Post by Bumper »

Got to beleive that he meant it was a great XMAS gift from his wife.
Rbump
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

Maybe she helps him with the casting, mine does.
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter
Trigger Dr

Post by Trigger Dr »

Ken, I think he is very smart...
Erminds me of when I was a kid, I would buy my sister a knife, or fish hooks , something along that line. It was easy to talk them out of it.
Jim
Direct ALL e-Mail to jimrmilner@juno.com

NRA LIFE MEMBER
LIMBSAVER® BPCR Team
Prospective Member BPCR Federation
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

This thread reminds me of a Fellow Shooter who hung around the back room of my former dealer’s shop. He had a ‘weakness” for side- by-side shotguns. Well one day a NIB Browning 20 ga. side-by-side came in. He really wanted it, & figuring out a way to do it, he bought it for his wife’s birthday. Well, the day after her birthday, she brought it back to John’s shop & put it up for consignment sale….
Grand PooBah
WA ST F. E. S.

In real life may you be the bad ass that you claim to be on social media....
8iowa

Post by 8iowa »

Back in the late 60's, when Winchester introduced the 101 o/u shotgun, I bought a nice 20 gauge, "for my wife". Guess what, she still carefully guards it as "her shotgun".
NRA LIfe Member
NAHC Life Member
"Heaven is North of the bridge"
wolfie

Post by wolfie »

8iowa that similer thing happened to me last month when i finally saved enoughf to get my Benelli M2 she now claims it is hers since i got it the same week as her birthday,I did get her a new dishwasher and some new clothes :lol: just can't win some times 8)
B.J. Spalding
"I came I saw and I forgot why I am here."
SHILOH#1
8iowa

Post by 8iowa »

Getting back to the subject, I have noticed on this site a lot of favorable comments regarding the Waage melter. I have been using an inexpensive Lee Pro-20, which is a great product for the money. However, As I set up my new re-loading room in the U.P. I'm in the market.

Looking at their web site, www.waage.com, I see that they are involved in a lot of industrial products, which is fine, but I cannot find a melter that I would consider suitable. They do have round soldering pots, which go up to 500 lbs, but there is no listing of models and prices, much less ordering information. Obviously, they have not recognized the potential of the bullet casting market.

I like the bottom pour feature. Apparently this is not available from Waage.
NRA LIfe Member
NAHC Life Member
"Heaven is North of the bridge"
bubba

Post by bubba »

8iowa
The Waage pot everyone seems to be using is model K4757. It's a 20 pound pot not shown on their website - you have to call to order it. $134 including shipping. The BIG BROWN TRUCK is supposed to deliver mine tuesday
AzShooter

Post by AzShooter »

You may want the next model up when you talk to Waage. The K4757 only heats up to about 820 degrees and some mould manufacturers want you to cast between 850 and 900.

I have the 4757 and LOVE it.
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

My Waage k4757 will go to 1200 degrees. You have to adjust it to the temp you want. Set the temp knob to 800 degrees, put in some lead and turn it on. Pull the knob off and after it gets up to temp on your lead thermometer adjust the small screw in the shaft of the temp knob to 800 degrees. Now you're set to go up to 1000 or more.
Shiloh Rules!!
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

Whoops, I meant to say set the temp knob to "8" which to me relates to 800 degrees. Then adjust the small screw inside the temp knob shaft to 800 degrees on your thermometer. From then on you just set it to the temp you want to cast to. The waage will keep it within 10 degrees!!!
Shiloh Rules!!
Delizar

Waage

Post by Delizar »

My new Waage just arrived. Now I've never cast in my life, so I have a question. I noted that the inside to the pot is painted black, will that foul the lead when it burns off? Or am I being to worrysome? I had considered boiling some water in the pot to cook off that paint before melting lead in it.

Mark Hanson
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

Delizar, that black stuff on the inside of your pot is ok. I've cast about 2000 bullets with mine without any problem with the black stuff. Evidently that is a very high temperature coating of some kind.
Shiloh Rules!!