buying blackpower

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

gunrunner

buying blackpower

Post by gunrunner »

is there a better way to a small amount of blackpowder , i would do either swiss or Goex. but every where i look i have to buy like 5 lbs, i am going to shoot my rifle and all ,but 5lbs , i would like just 1 lb . i saw where its impossible to have some individual ship you a can without all the permits. I am down in East Texas, i do go to Houston and Dallas. if there is someone who has to much and would like to sell a can let me know. if there is a place to order just 1 can let me know.

thanks Mike
kantishna

Post by kantishna »

Try Great Guns Inc. They are located in Tyler on Hwy 31 west. They have a good selection of GOEX. Take Care
gunrunner

Post by gunrunner »

thanks that is really close to me , i will give them a call and see what they have . here is the info for others.

GREAT GUNS INC. 903-592-4671 5729 HIGHWAY 31 WEST TYLER
wolfie

Post by wolfie »

Reble Arms Pasadena TX off Beltway 8 or Foutian Firearms Houston TX off Hwy 6 near Belair and there is an archery shop in downtown Tomball TX.good luck
B.J. Spalding
"I came I saw and I forgot why I am here."
SHILOH#1
don marable

black powder dealer in east texas

Post by don marable »

George's Pawn and Gun Shop, 521 North High Street, Longview, TX Ph: (903) 753-7911. I know they stock Goex.

Have a nice day, Shoot something.

Don
Matthew_Q

Post by Matthew_Q »

Anyone know places closer to Central TX?

I know one gun shop that carries Goex, but they are NOT open on the weekends, and their weekday hours suck. They usually don't even stay until their close time on weekdays anyway.

McBride's is supposed to carry the black stuff, but they seem to only carry it seasonally.

I figure I'll just order 10lb or so and just keep a couple pounds at my apartment for loading, and store the rest down at my parent's house.