SOUND OFF FOR ACKLEY, IOWA. BUFFALO SHOOT!!!!

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Bobv

Excellent Shoot

Post by Bobv »

Great Shoot !! Thanks to Jay, Karen and all others who put it on. A little cold camping out but a great shoot none the less. BOBV
Timberlake

Post by Timberlake »

Brent,

I'm down in central Mo. working off the phone line so this is more than just painstaking. However, in answering your question on the subject of off hand shooting, Ihave been a proponent of this for a time now. I'm on the shoot committee and really like the off hand stuff. My friend Tom (Wy) is a very gifted off hand shooter. He tells me to "catch it on the wobble". Well, if 'ol Tom comes on over to Alliance we'll see about the wobble stuff.

OK, more to the point.

I like off hand shooting and will do all I can to inroduce more in our shooting venues or scenarios.

Have I told you that I really like off and shooting.

Jerry, I haven't heard from you yet, are you gonna call me in MO? You got the phone number.
"I heartily accept the motto, 'That government is best which governs least'; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically... 'That government is best which governs not at all'."

Thoreau
Brent

Post by Brent »

George,
Thanks for the note. Glad to hear that you think a few offhand targets would be possible. Alteratively, they could be made "any position" without sticks. Imagine prone or sitting but no sticks. That's the sort of thing that pops up all the time in the field hunting real flesh and blood. I can't think of how many times I've had elk or deer - even in the timber - offer an "opportunity" and the nearest rest is 20 ft away. Might as well be 20 miles away.

Anyhow, I'll be happy with whatever you guys come up with. Time now to go back to load recalibration - I am switching powders this year.

Brent
Just straddling the hard line between "the arrogance of dogmatism and the despair of skepticism"
Lead Pot

Post by Lead Pot »

Saul,
That .50 with 110-115 gr 1F and a 710 gr bullet aint bad, it weighs 14+lbs. It's a Pussy Cat compared to the .45-3-1/4. I just dont shoot it prone much.
Kurt