been away a while.......

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

woodpuppy

been away a while.......

Post by woodpuppy »

...tryin' not to think about my Shiloh that's been on order since 8/04!!

One day while looking over the catalogue I thought I'd hidden well enough, I started drooling over the lines of the Creedmore #2 buttstock. I called Shiloh and tried my best to explain myself, we ended up changing my rifle to be to a Montana Roughrider from a Sporter #1. I did away with the cheek rest, kept the shotgun buttstock and pistol grip.

Here's my question for you more experienced Shiloh owners: will the stock on my Montana Roughrider have the same high comb as the Creedmore #2? You can see from the picture in the catalogue or on the website that the #2 stock is taller through the area right behind the pistol grip(I understand the pictured Roughrider is a NOT a shotgun buttstock- I'm comparing to any model other than the #2 with a shotgun buttstock). I don't know if I've made it clear, but if you look at the #2 and look at another rifle with the shotgun buttstock you should be able to see it.

I'm also curious about wood. I specified extra fancy; now if I want feathered grain, that's $50 extra for handpick right? If I want reddish color AND feathered, that's $100 for the handpick? Just curious.....

third, how do y'all like checkering? I have it on some rifles, and others like my M1/M1A/K31 don't have it. I wonder how useful it is on the Sharps rifles. The pistol grip should give plenty of "hold on to it" but for y'all who've held both checkered and smooth, what do you think?

this rifle's gonna be a beauty and an heirloom, may as well be right from the start!!

Thanks,
Dave
Montana Roughrider .45-70
BuckeyeShooter

Post by BuckeyeShooter »

I had almost the exact question on the drop of the stock. I had ordered a #1 sporter then decided to have the ckeek piece removed and they changed it to a Montana Roughrider. While looking through the catalogue I noticed the same the same thing you saw. After a short talk with Lucinda she assured me that the drop would be the same as the #1. She also said that the picture of the Montana Roughrider will be changing as everyone is getting the same impression.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin-
woodpuppy

Post by woodpuppy »

thanks Buckeye- but will it be like the Creedmore #2, or like the Sporter #1 as viewed from the right side?
Montana Roughrider .45-70
Omaha Poke

Post by Omaha Poke »

woodpuppy, you are probably better off asking Kirk or Lucinda, they can answer all your questions very accurately I would think. Randy

PS I wasn't trying to intimate that others couldn't.
Randy Ruwe
fatdog

Post by fatdog »

woodpuppy, I also ended up ordering the Montana rr because I didn't want the cheek piece. I had a question about the stock drop because I wanted the straighter stock like the LRE rifle, but wasn't sure it would come that way. It turned out that I did get the straighter style by choice, so I would follow OP's advice to place a call to specify what you prefer.