45-110 load

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Scotty

45-110 load

Post by Scotty »

I have just dropped the money for a Shiloh Sharps 45-110 (I'm in love what can I say.) I have just ordered Norma brass, dies, loading manual and some 500 gr. bullets from Huntington. They should be in by monday and I need to get loaded for hogs by the 30th. Can anyone suggest a powder and primer to get me up and running ASAP. I want to try and get the powder and primers Monday morning so I will have everything ready to go. I am going for long range accuracy (500 yd). Well that is long for me.

Aye Yours,

Scotty
Saddle Tramp

Post by Saddle Tramp »

Hey Scotty;

Glad to see the post on 45-110 ammo, I will round up some of the veteran shooters to see what we come up with!

Take Care and we'll talk later...

Respectfully;
~Wes~
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

Using the search feature on this site, type in Kenny Wasserburger in "Search for Author". What you are looking for will be contained in the threads & posts that he has made.

He is Mr. 45-One Ten on this board & has had years of experience & success w/ the .45- 27/8".
Grand PooBah
WA ST F. E. S.

In real life may you be the bad ass that you claim to be on social media....
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

If you want to do some on-line reading, a BPCR reloading manual can be found @:

http://www.ssbpcrc.co.uk/Resources/Intr ... oading.pdf

I 4got to ask, do you have any previous experience w/ a BPCR &/or loading BP cartridges?
Grand PooBah
WA ST F. E. S.

In real life may you be the bad ass that you claim to be on social media....
BuckeyeShooter

Post by BuckeyeShooter »

My 45-110's like the same loads. Starline 2.6 stretched brass, CCI BR2 primers, .060 poly wad, Paul Jones 540 Creedmore, 106 grains of Goex 1F in a full length sized case and 108.5 in a neck only sized case. Only have 20 pieces of Norma brass and use them when playing with paper patch only.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin-
bulletmaker

Re: 45-110 load

Post by bulletmaker »

Scotty wrote:I have just dropped the money for a Shiloh Sharps 45-110 (I'm in love what can I say.) I have just ordered Norma brass, dies, loading manual and some 500 gr. bullets from Huntington. They should be in by monday and I need to get loaded for hogs by the 30th. Can anyone suggest a powder and primer to get me up and running ASAP. I want to try and get the powder and primers Monday morning so I will have everything ready to go. I am going for long range accuracy (500 yd). Well that is long for me.

Aye Yours,

Scotty
Scotty,

Did you already get the rifle or just order it? I contacted Shiloh Sharps last year and was told there was a 14 month wait. I also noticed now that their long range model went up from $1400 last year to $1700 this.

If you already got it, how long was your wait?

Thanks!!