'Dilla Hunt'!

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

RMulhern

'Dilla Hunt'!

Post by RMulhern »

My wife Angie has beautiful flower beds all around our home and recently there's been a 'Dilla' rooting up the beds akin to it looking like there had been a turning plow running through them! Needless to say each night Angie ask me...."what about the Armadillo"? So....last night I sit up until midnight....get my light and .45 auto with 230 gr. FMJ and go out to start the hunt! Finally I find the varmit....all 20# of him a rootin in the flower beds! From about 15' I put a round through his armor-like hide and he takes off like he's got a Roman candle hitting 'em in the ass! Don't ever let anyone tell you a 'dilla' can't haul cotton cuz this one could have made Tony Dorsett look like he had two broken legs!! Around the house he went and disappeared into the darkness so I get in my truck and drive over the remainder of the yard tryin ta find the varmit; NO LUCK! I knew dang well I hadn't missed him....not from 15'! I finally give up and hit the sack! This morning....I look in the ditch out in front of my lawn and what's there....but Mr. Dilla with all 4 legs stickin straight up! That .45 230 FMJ 'waxed his ass' but not before he ran 150 yds.! So....I've reloaded the 1911 with 185 gr. hollow-points for the next big hunt and I don't think if there's another out there....this one will set a new record for a 100 yd. dash!! :lol: :lol:
hatchet

Post by hatchet »

Shot an armadillo three times with a .44mag and the thing would not die. Finally, put .22mag in his head out of my single-six. They are tough critters.
All gave some, Some gave all.
www.clenzoil.com
DavidKing@clenzoil.com
rdnck

Can you say RESULTS?

Post by rdnck »

Try a 570 patched round ball and 120 grains of Goex 2f out of a 58 caliber Hawken. The word spectacular comes to mind. Shoot straight, rdnck.
Chairman, Phd
Caddo Lake Chapter
FES
Charter Member FBASS

Charter Member OGANT
RMulhern

Re: Can you say RESULTS?

Post by RMulhern »

[quote="rdnck"]Try a 570 patched round ball and 120 grains of Goex 2f out of a 58 caliber Hawken. The word spectacular comes to mind. Shoot straight, rdnck.[/quote]

Bill

Ya don't 'unnerstan'! I wuz a wantin ta kill the 'dilla'; not undermine the foundation of my house!! :lol: :lol: