Buffalo Hunt 2007 Part 2 and 3

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

bobw

spin?

Post by bobw »

Well, KO why in the ell didn't you say this in the first place. I was getting to count on your typical bluntness. Shoot I thought maybe you was getting polite on us,geez. But you are right no need to trash mannyspd's thread. bobw
RMulhern

Post by RMulhern »

[quote="Kelley O. Roos"]Who is that masked man called Bestboss :?:

Kelley O.[/quote]

Kelley

Hmmmmm......Jim Zumbo....maybe??? :roll: :lol: :roll:
flatwater

Hunters beware

Post by flatwater »

BESTBOSS SAYS "....I HAVE NO NEED TO KILL AN ELEPHANT OR HIPPO TO PROP UP MY MANHOOD".

THAT IS A DIRECT QUOTE OUT OF THE HUMANE SOCIETY OF THE US'S ANTI HUNTING PAMPHLET.

NEVER KNOW WHO WILL READ OR RESPOND TO THESE POSTS. I ALWAYS WONDERED WHY PEOPLE HUNTED. THANKS FOR CLARIFYING, BESTBOSS.

THANKS MEDLAND FOR SAYING HOW YOU FEEL. I DISAGREE, BUT IT MADE FOR A GREAT THREAD. I WOULD CAUTION EVERYONE WHO REPLIED, THAT THERE IS ROOM FOR DISAGREEMENT ON THIS FORUM. MAYBE EVEN ROOM FOR HSUS....................NAW!....FLATWATER
Good Shooting
NRA Life Member
NRA Endowment
VFW, DAV Life
Steve Sudbeck

Post by Steve Sudbeck »

I have hunted and fished all of my life; I have taken hundreds of fish, birds and mammals. If you hunt and fish enough, you will wound and you will loose some game; the math says you will - I have. I have yet to meet the perfect hunter or fisherman. No hunter/ fisherman purposely sets out to inflict pain on anybody or anything; when your intent is to control, disable and take possession of something wild, it will happen. It is just that simple; the math says so.
Old Doe Shooter

Post by Old Doe Shooter »

Gee, and all those days I ditched school to go fishing or hunting, I wondered what good math was anyways. Now I are all learned up.
Until now I only used math to figure out how far to let out my trolling line to get down 20 feet. Wow, TWO uses for math! Go figure. Whoo Hooo.... :idea: :roll: :D
zrifleman

Post by zrifleman »

Never shot a buffalo---but lost a nice big blacktail buck to another group of hunters after I shot him through the lungs with a 500 gr PP bullet and he made it 500 yds to a logging road where they nabbed him. Buff is 10 times the weight of good deer. My thinking---the hunters did a good job--they--no lost animals and no long chase. Quotes from 1870's buffalo hunters indicate 2 or more shots to anchor a buffalo was the norm.
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

Right on Scott. We all try to shoot the best we can just like these guys did but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way. Good bulls and good hunting I say!! We don't need the "hollier than thou" spouting off about it.
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter
pete

Post by pete »

I've read 1800's accounts mentioning buffalo getting away and I'm sure it happened frequently, but other than the lost income I doubt they cared much from an ethical standpoint like we do today. Those guys varied in skill just like today but even the good ones weren't magicians.
Hidehunter

Post by Hidehunter »

"Those guys varied in skill just like today but even the good ones weren't magicians."

Frank Mayer must have been one of those magicians...
pete

Post by pete »

Why yes he was. Certainly you've heard of the many times he saved himself and friends from certain death at the hands of Indians by performing magic for the Indians and in turn they thought he possessed powers and let him/them live. :)