He's asking for it!!!

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

dozer

He's asking for it!!!

Post by dozer »

Past couple of mornings there has been fresh "calling cards" on my driveway. Last year ole bear near ruined some 130 year old apple trees. Never caught up with him as he came in at night. I will change my plans this year and spend a bit more time at it.

Last week I took the tractor up the canyon road and mowed the weeds down. It's getting very dry and having them mowed makes it a lot safer if I take an ATV up there to retrieve some steaks and jerky. Well, there were a LOT of calling cards up there. Old dog has been raising hell the last few night with the full moon and all. No doubt why. :shock:
Tallperson

Post by Tallperson »

Man O man dozer sounds like time for bear steaks and biscuits.... good luck Tallperson
45-120 Longrange Express 34" barrel Shoots a long way and hits 'em real hard.
DR308

Post by DR308 »

GO GET EM DOZER!!! But don't for get the pic's. Unless its not that time of year for you over there. Then just practice the North Idaho way. That would be the three s-s-s's. Good luck
#3 Sporter-45/70-32" Heavy Half bbl-Bone Pack Hardening-Set Triggers-Semi Fancy Wood-Steel Butt Plate-Pewter Foretip.
Saddle Rifle-45/90,"OLD RELIABLE"
Life Member NRA-"85" Member NRA since "66"
Life Member DAV - "69"
BOLD #664
dozer

Post by dozer »

Fresh pile in the road last night. :? He's out in the middle of the day. That will make it easier.

The Shiloh came out of the safe this morning and will be riding with me from now on. Season opens in 3 days. :D

Anyone got some good ways ti fix bear roast?? :twisted:
Doz
Trigger Dr

Post by Trigger Dr »

Dozer,
Bear can be very good if soaked in salt water overnight and then after patting dry, sprinkle liberally with Dry Onion soup mix. The soup mix not only enhances the flavor, it also neutralizes anywild taste that may result from adrenalin in the system after being shot. Add various vegies to taste, then invite me over to share.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jim
Direct ALL e-Mail to jimrmilner@juno.com

NRA LIFE MEMBER
LIMBSAVER® BPCR Team
Prospective Member BPCR Federation