Merit adjustable aperture rear sight?

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

jimb.

Re: Merit adjustable aperture rear sight?

Post by jimb. »

Yeah, Bobw, what Shadow wrote. Cost? Nothing, so far, until we find a fit. Clarence, I believe you're correct about the hunting disk. Thanks much, fellas. This has been interesting. :)
Shadow 4

Post by Shadow 4 »

bobw wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 4:48 pm
Shadow 4 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:37 pm
bobw wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:45 pm How much you guys paying for them? Bobw :mrgreen:
I ain't telling :wink:
I am curious of the going rate on them? Bob
Buy one off EBAY, you'll find the going rate :lol:

It fluckkkkkkkkk tuates, & cheap ones aren't cheap
Learning about this chit can prove ...........interesting
Cowards rule the world these days.
Coward rules & coward customs
To succeed today, all you've got to know is how to blame & how to complain
bobw

Post by bobw »

Wasn't a major learning experience used one on a 52D many years a go. Saw several at a gunshow last weekend . i asked the guy what they would fit he said Lyman or Redfield rec sights. Bought it. Bobw
bobw
marlinman93

Post by marlinman93 »

There's no mystery about prices on Merit adjustable apertures. Here's their page with pricing:

https://www.meritcorporation.com/products.html

$48 for standard, and $56 for the Master.
bobw

Post by bobw »

Thanks mm93 that's all I wanted to know. Bobw
bobw
jimb.

Post by jimb. »

But, mm93 & Bobw, you can't get a Merit #3 or #4 aperture from Merit. They're out of production, in spite of their website. I've tried repeatedly to contact Ed Grant, to no avail. So, their "prices" may be meaningless.
bobw

Post by bobw »

Jmb, if I was still looking the info you provided would infact be disapointing. But I bought a # 3 steel face which is threaded to fit a Lyman or Redfield rec sight which is where I'm using it. Finding one with a rubber eye shield threaded to fit a MVA LR buffalo Soule sight might be a damn problem yeah. The website mm93 posted is in fact a big help giving reference to the info a guy needs even if not availible from the factory anymore. Bobw
bobw
marlinman93

Post by marlinman93 »

I picked up a small Merit hunting aperture a year ago and the threads fit right on one of my Ballard vernier tang sights. I was a bit surprised when I tried it and it fit. Never put a thread gauge on the aperture to see what they are though.
What I gave is probably meaningless also since it was at our small local collector gun show and guys usually have bargain prices there.
cat1870

Post by cat1870 »

I think I have what you're looking for. It's a 4LS
SASS Life Member
NRA Life Member....
Which rifle should I shoot today???
jimb.

Post by jimb. »

Thanks, guys. Cat1870, by "4ls", do you mean a Merit #4 Hunting disc with long shank? If so, I'd be grateful if we could make a deal, assuming it fits on my Lyman 48S on my 1903 Springfield rifle, and allows full functioning of the bolt. I'm not sure how to do a deal on this forum, but would be happy to give you my personal info. (phone #, etc). Do we do that via private messages, "conversations", or whatever? I hope that we can get this done.
cat1870

Post by cat1870 »

jimb. wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 11:36 am Thanks, guys. Cat1870, by "4ls", do you mean a Merit #4 Hunting disc with long shank? If so, I'd be grateful if we could make a deal, assuming it fits on my Lyman 48S on my 1903 Springfield rifle, and allows full functioning of the bolt. I'm not sure how to do a deal on this forum, but would be happy to give you my personal info. (phone #, etc). Do we do that via private messages, "conversations", or whatever? I hope that we can get this done.
Sorry, I sold it a couple of days ago.
SASS Life Member
NRA Life Member....
Which rifle should I shoot today???
jimb.

Post by jimb. »

Shucks! Well, then, I'm still looking for one. I'd appreciate any info./offers to get one.