Wood from Shiloh is a good value...

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

deerhuntsheatmeup

Wood from Shiloh is a good value...

Post by deerhuntsheatmeup »

I read a post regarding the finish of wood from Shiloh whereas a potential customer thought that if he paid for fancy wood, it should come with a AA finish or better. Well I would like to tell of some comments I heard today from a trap shooter that made sense. It was said that a guy in the shooting club had bragged about how fine the wood on his custom O/U was and that he had paid 2K for the wood upgrade. The shooter told me the quality of work was not even close to mine and the grade of wood was not even close to ny Shiloh. So, the lesson I learned is that Shiloh sells a great product at a fair price and if you order presentation grade wood, that is what you get, and if you get the AA or AAA finish, you will be very happy with the quality of product that Shiloh provides. As expensive as these options seem, they are still a bargain compared to other custom rifle mfg co's. Still learning, Barvid Dayfield
Morpheus

Post by Morpheus »

For comparison, check out these prices for high-quality shotgun stocks:

[url]http://www.colegun.com/woodsets.asp?MenuExp=Wood+Sets[/url]
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.
Morpheus

Post by Morpheus »

For comparison, check out these prices for high-quality shotgun stocks:

http://www.colegun.com/woodsets.asp?MenuExp=Wood+Sets
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

To all:

I enjoy a fine piece of wood on a gun, and I feel the Presentation cost upgrade of $485 plus the AAA finish upgrade of $260 is a fair price. Rare grained wood and quality hand work "Always" cost money. If it's any consulation, remember, it is probably less expensive today than it will be a year from now. Each time I have "Bitten the Bullet" and spent the extra money, I haven't regretted it.

My .02 worth.

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Parley Baer

Post by Parley Baer »

Now lets not give Kirk any ideas. :lol: :D Parley
SHILOH 4
I'am that man, Matt Dillon, United States Marshall, the first man they look for and the last they want to meet.
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

Parley:

OOOOOOPS! Sorry.

Seriously, I do believe that part of the kudos that are given to Shiloh are because it's a win/win transaction for both. Some companies you do business with might give you a great product, but the beating you take out of your wallet would still leave a sour taste in your mouth.

I think Shiloh has figured this out.

Take care,

Ty O'Neal
aka Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"