Preferred Muzzle Crown on BPCR

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Windcutter, SWNM

Preferred Muzzle Crown on BPCR

Post by Windcutter, SWNM »

Gents and Madams,

Have several project guns in the mental planning stage.

One question that seems to go unanswered in most discussions about BPCR is the prefered crown on the barrel.

Thanks for sharing your experiences........
From The Land of Enchantment,

ShortStake
Deming, (Luna County) New Mexico
I-10, between El Paso, TX & Tucson, AZ.
Kelley O.Roos

Post by Kelley O.Roos »

11 degree's :)

Kelley O. 8)
Kelley O.Roos
Jim Watson

Post by Jim Watson »

Dead flat.
You have to clean it, you don't have to knock it against a rock.
Omaha Poke

Post by Omaha Poke »

Surprise!! Surprise!! I will have to go along with Kelley on this one. I am not worried about banging the muzzle against something or dropping the rifle. what I am concerned with is withdrawing the cleaning rod and jag or brush or whatever else I might have on the end of the rod. A stepped down crown, in my opinion allows the jag or brush while being withdrawn to make an easy transition back into the barrel and not bump up against the flat faced end of the muzzle. I know that ideally the jag or brush should be removed before withdrawing the rod, but sometimes there is barely enough time to run a couple of patches thru the bore between relays let alone do it in an ideal manner.

The dead flat muzzle sure does show the lube star off to advantage though. Randy
Randy Ruwe
Bumper

Post by Bumper »

:arrow: Wc, I'm not sure if there is any such thing as a prefered type of crown. The primary requirement is that the crown is 90 deg to the bore axis. Recessed crowns are popular as the crown is somewhat protected from accidental damage. Rbump