Hadley Eyediscs

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Jim VanMiddlesworth

Hadley Eyediscs

Post by Jim VanMiddlesworth »

Anyone have an opinion on the Hadley Eyediscs with the multiple apertures?
"Dyin' aint much of a livin', boy"
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

Jim: for me, a Hadley worked/works.

I think that it is impossible to have one dia. eye cup hole to be suitable for all types of lighting conditions.
RichBratlee

Post by RichBratlee »

I love them!!--I got to shoot one of MVA's Montana cup and it is great--you can really bring things into focus!!
SHILOH 1
USN EM1 (78-83)
Sporter#3 45-70 military butt 34" standard MVA Long range and MVA standard front insert

People with weapons are citizens: People without are subjects!!
carl thomas zmuda

Post by carl thomas zmuda »

I have a Pedersoli made Hadley aperture and am very happy with it. With the one small aperture disc you have problems with visibility when the light conditions are poor. With the Hadley you can change the aperture to match the light conditions. It is a worthy purchase!
dryfly

Post by dryfly »

With the current set of old eyes, I would not be able to see well enough to shoot. Don't want to use the scope yet. The Hadley will help to keep me shooting longer.
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Jim,

I will give one more testimonial to the value of the Hadley eyedisk. After useing my first one the first time I won't use anything else on a tang sight. The very first time using it the value of being able to select the aperture most suited to the available light and being able to adjust it to compensate for changing light conditions competely spoiled me.
Lee Stone
Rickd

Post by Rickd »

Good question on the Hadley. What is the main advantage of the Montana Magnum vs. the Standard Hadley? That Magnum is almost 2" wide .. are there negatives associated with having a disc that wide? I've got a No.1 on order .. should have it by the end of February .. MVA's fore and aft .. and I plan on ordering one of the Hadley's .. not sure which one at this point. Comments on the pros and cons would be GREATLY appreciated.

Rick D
Lead Pot

Post by Lead Pot »

Rickd.

I have the magnum.It has boath advantage and disadvantages.The advantage I think with the large disk is it takes out a lot of glair and lets you concentrate on the sight picture.The problem I find with mine is cleaning the rifle on the range when you dont want to remoove the disk to lay the staff down.You cant get your cleaning rod through the breach with out remooving the disk or staff.I like the smaller Hadly better.

Kurt.
Jim VanMiddlesworth

Thanks for all the great replies. I figured the Hadley was the way to go but I've learned to consult people who have "been there" prior to making some decisions on new hobby equipment.

Anyone have any opinions on the Axtell globe and vernier sights as opposed to the Soule vernier and spirit globe sight s from Shiloh?
Rickd

Post by Rickd »

Jim. For what it's worth in your decision making process on sights, Kirk and Lucinda (Shiloh Rifle Co. owners) use MVA's on their personal rifles, and there probably are none better than the MVA's.
Jim VanMiddlesworth

Thanks, Rick. I think I'll go that route with a Hadley disc.
Omaha Poke

Post by Omaha Poke »

Jim, I have both the regular and the Magnum Hadley from MVA, and they both work great. The only problem that you might have is with being able to see your windage scale on the tang sight when shooting at distances of less than 200 yds. (Using the Magnum) Other than that they are a real boone to tang sight users since they will constrict down to a very small aperature for very bright light or dialate up to a nice large app. for low light. YOu won't be disappointed with one!! :lol: Randy
Randy Ruwe
dryfly

Post by dryfly »

Use MVA sights and have both the regular and the magnum Hadley eye cup. The magnum helps when there is a lot of glare. Happy with MVA products.