accurate .50's

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Gary Edgington

accurate .50's

Post by Gary Edgington »

I just shot my shiloh 50-90 for the first time. Used virgin bell brass, 101 grains of Ludu ff, fed 215, 30:1 cast Lyman 522 grn FP and Fed 215 primers. Once I got her on paper she shoots like a champ. I'm still faily new to this game but it seems to me that the 50's (50-70 shiloh carbine and 50-90) are easier to make shoot well then any of the .45's I have, i.e. shiloh 45-70 and shiloh 45-110. Anyone else notice this? By the way guys and gals Ludu is @#**. It is dry and filthy. I'm gonns burn it up in my cannon. Bout all its good for. I'm gonna try swiss 1.5 next and KIK. Anybody with experince with KIK. I live in hot and dry L.A. by the way.

Gary
bruised, but happy :D
Kelley O. Roos

Post by Kelley O. Roos »

Gary,

Were do you shoot and what is Ludu powder?

Kelley O. 8)
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

Me too, what is LUDU, never heard of it. While you are at it try some goex cartridge, you might be very pleased with it, I sure was.
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter
Buffaload

Post by Buffaload »

It is Chinese powder. And I have found it at $5.00 per pound. I only bought one pound since I had never seen it before. Have not shot any of it yet, I really bought it for the smoothbore, not this game.
Ed
Gary Edgington

Ludu BP/ 45-110

Post by Gary Edgington »

Got a bunch of it on the recommendation of the owner of Narraganset arms. Bought it from Deer Creek ML supply. He said it produced very soft fouling. Taint so. Anybody ever try KIK BP? I shoot at Angelus shooting range in the SF Valley and at "A Place to Shoot."

Gary[/b]
powderburner

Post by powderburner »

I and a couple friends have used KIK in 45-70 for a couple years and have good results and one friend uses it in his 45-110 ,quite well but we have switched because we can no longer find kik easily and heard it is not being imported any more
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T