Got my Waage Pot today

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Bumper

Got my Waage Pot today

Post by Bumper »

I can't wait to try it out. The propane burner (turkey frier) will be retired. The convienence of an electic pot in size and operation is hard to beat. I still have a Lyman bottom pour that works great with 4 cavity pistol moulds and it is over 20 years old. The Waage appears to be a quality unit and should aid me in casting consistant bullets (if I do my part). I will concentrate on 40 cal bullets for the time being using Saeco, P Jones, and a Brooks mould in hopes of having a load for the Cyber Shoot. The 38-55 Ballard will have to wait although I'll bring it and a small amount of ammo to Mexia just to see how it performs past 200m. Rbump
powderburner

Post by powderburner »

another happy camper --er I mean caster dont fergit to set the thermostat and have fun.................Dean
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T
Jody Reb

Post by Jody Reb »

I bought one a month or so back and just used it last week. After setting the thermostat, I cast a hundred or so bullets, until I started having trouble with my Lyman mould. I can't believe how much easier it is to cast out of the pot as opposed to over a Coleman camp stove. The melt stays at a much, much more stable temperature and I can cast in my reloading room in air conditioned comfort. They are well worth the money!!!! :D