Cleaning and preserving

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

bubblehead

Cleaning and preserving

Post by bubblehead »

Further down I saw this subject discussed and I was interested in Kirk's mention of Stock Sheen, so I ordered 2 cans. (Shiloh sells it)

First, I used it on a spare Shiloh barrel that's been sitting on my work bench for awhile. I was impressed because when I ran a patch thru a supposedly clean bore, it came out dirty. Now I know it's clean.

Next, I used it on my '74. Wow! The case colors look twice as good as well as the wood and blued metal.

Now, I figured that if Shiloh uses it on their guns, then how about antique rifles? I have a mint Trapdoor with nearly all color case and blue intact. I used Stock Sheen on it tonight and found that it looked better yet. It even cleaned some crud in some corners I thought was permanent.

Now I feel better about my treasures. Tomorrow I'll try it on my 116 year-old '86.

Thanks Kirk.
Buckskinner

Stock sheen

Post by Buckskinner »

Bubblehead

I have a dumb question but here goes, is that product made by Berchwood Casey?

I would like to mention a product that I recently bought that is certinal y impressive. It's made by the Klean Bore people comes in a Aerosol can. It's claim to fame is rust prevention!! When you spray it on it looks like a really thin oil after about 30 seconds the carrier evoperates and it leaves a very tenacious thin grease that has penatrated in to everything!!

Anybody else tried this stuff? Not sellin just tellin!

Gary
Here's to the American Front line men and women where every they are!!!
Buckskinner

gun Oil

Post by Buckskinner »

Bubblehead

Just maybe I should say what the name of their product is!! It's called Rust Guardit

Gary
Here's to the American Front line men and women where every they are!!!
woodpuppy

Post by woodpuppy »

Stock SLICK?
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

http://www.trapdoorcollector.com/

Scroll on down & click on "restoration" to access the restoration & preservation page for info on the care of original rifles for the next generation (that is if the next generations will be still allowed private ownership of firearms.)

Remember: we are just the caretakers of original rifles for the next generation.