Shooting groups

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Kelley O. Roos

Post by Kelley O. Roos »

Mr Radar,

Did you get that Hepburn?

Kelley O. 8)
Radar

Post by Radar »

No, I sent him several e-mails asking for his address and he never replied. I planned on buying it, but he never contacted me back. My incident with the other "rifle" is over and all goods were returned.

Radar
Kelley O. Roos

Post by Kelley O. Roos »

Radar,

I think I have his number still and will call and find out what happened.

Kelley O. 8)
Rickd

Post by Rickd »

Ken, have you done any of the testing as you said you were going to comparing .0 compression on Swiss to .250? Just curious. I have a new 40-65 and have tested .030, .060, and .090 compression on the "new" less dense 2003 Swiss. Also compared a few primers, with the most recent test comparing the above compressions and CCI 300 and Fed 150 Large Pistol Primers. .030 compression and Fed 150 gave me the best results with 10 of 15 shots into a 1" tall by 1.5 in wide group. The other compression tests resulted more in patterns than groups. Keep on having fun!
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

Rickd, no I haven't. I've been busy getting our place for sale, had to put new metal on the barn and replacing all the fascia on the house, and it's been so hot and humid here I've only been able to work a couple of hours a day on it. Shooting the new groups is still in the works thought, hopefully in the next two weeks. I'll post it when I get to go shoot. Oh, and I've been teaching my 12 year old grandson to flyfish, fun but trying!!! ha ha. :lol:
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter
tom ball

Post by tom ball »

As far as compression goes, I found that in my Sharps 45/70 and 45/110 with Goex 2F, Swiss 2F and Swiss 1 1/2 these powders do best drop tubed only when using grease groove bullets. But they all worked best with drop tube plus heavy compression (1/8") when using paper patched bullets. :D
Aim small miss small.