.40 Basic?

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

bucksnort

.40 Basic?

Post by bucksnort »

Gents,
Many people are selling .45 Basic brass. Is there such a thing (and who manufactures it) as a .40 Basic (for .40-70 purposes)? How close can I get? I'm thinking, I may just have to buy, already formed .40-70SS cases. Thanks, Ed
BuckeyeShooter

Post by BuckeyeShooter »

Bucksnort, I'm a little confused why you are obsessing over this 40-70SS brass thing. I have a 40-70 on order and when I get ready to load some shells I'm going to call Buffalo Arms and order a couple of hundred of their stretched Krag brass and I'll be ready to shoot. I shot some of this a couple of weeks ago out of Leadpots gun and it works fine (thanks Kurt, had a great time). I'm thinking your going to invest a lot of money trying to get where a simple call to Buffalo Arms will get you. The only disadvantage to this is the headstamp is wrong, but all the brass I shoot out of my 110's is also wrong so I don't consider it a big deal personally.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin-
bucksnort

Post by bucksnort »

Buckeye,
I think you are right. I'm trying to reinvent the wheel or something like it. Buffalo Arms is probably the way to go. Thanks, Ed
Lead Pot

Post by Lead Pot »

Hi Buckeye.

I enjoyed your and Wesses company also. Those two new 110's sure speak with authority.

Kurt.