Bear Report sort of

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

bulldog

Bear Report sort of

Post by bulldog »

Well, Buffalo, I've been a traveling south of late but my cousin says the bears did get two more of them there city slickers what was slow smoking a jack rabbit they shot. Least that's what's surmised as the rabbit was still a smoking in a new Cabellas smoker what was charged to one guy's American Express card and their chihuahua was still there defending the camp site, but the guys was gone and bear tracks were all over the place. Guess their guns were still leaning up again the cliff and sure they wouldn't have gone off a hunting and leaving the guns. Anyways the sheriff apparently found evidence of a suspicious nature and they are doing a DNA test on the pelvic bone they found which has teeth marks on it. I don't know all the details but it sounds pretty sure but then you never know as they might show up if they make it to some ranch or one of them might. Seems their truck was gone too but sometimes the deputies been known to take care of abandoned trucks found in the wilderness. Anyways, that's how I got my last set of neat 8ply tires for only $50 apiece and that included the rims. If it wern't for the hunters up our way we could hardly afford to keep our vehicles fixed up and with new parts. We prefer hunters with F-250s as that's what most of us got.
Anyways, as I said, I'm traveling south as my sister got critters eatin her cows - seems they only eat the livers and other parts and don't leave tracks or least nobody finds any good ones in the grass and rocks out there. Some people are spooked that they might be alieas which is silly but people get spooked by all kinds of things when they get fearful. One guy claimed he saw lights flying around the ranch so they must be alieas but I doubt it seriously. I've seen helicopters before so it's probably them. So, I got the 45-90 loaded to the gilt with pure lead and out to see what I can find. My plan is just to walk out into the range and sit by a big tumbleweed patch and sit up all night and listen. Actually, I got my down bag so might crawl in it and just listen from the prone position. I'll tune up my ears with a shot or two of Old Hickory and just watch the stars tonight. Gotta git going.
buffalocannon

Post by buffalocannon »

Thanks Bulldog. My buddy Kelley was asking me. I thought I would go ahead and get a "bear report" from you before he asked.
bulldog

Reporting for Duty

Post by bulldog »

Easy night - didn't hear a thing after the third swig. Woke up about dawn with crickets and doves cooing. I got to thinking if anything, what ate the cows were a wolf. Seems they turned some loose in the Gila and I'm a thinking they headed north as if I were a wolf that's which way I'd head. Course they got a long way to go to get to Kansas but a dog on a run can cover some tracks , they say. Any of you guys ever play red dog? I recall we used three cards and you say youre on it if your on it. If you ain't on it you pass. High cards wins all. Some guys could bluff, some guys thought they could bluff. But you ain't played nothin till you play inbetweens with a bunch of phillipinos. There can be a jack and a king and those guys will hit. That's when you got to match the pot when you loose too. Those guys is fearless. So, sleeping with the tumbleweeds don't compare compared to that. Course, if there were a wolf... well, I'm just a hoping that Old Hickory keeps em away. An old guy like me would probably be drinking Royal Snot but wouldn't you know it - a Phillipino what owned a warehouse of Old Hickory got on it and lost. Next hand I was dealt a 2 and ace. I figure I'll drink up that Old Hickory in about 50 more years if I keep going like the last fifty. Gosh, I hated retiring at age 22 but when lady luck shines on you, what do you do. Bulldog