Spike Buffalo Hunt

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

jim in texas

Spike Buffalo Hunt

Post by jim in texas »

Has anyone hunted at Hawes Outfitters in Kansas? I am wanting to go on a buffalo hunt but have not heard much about them on this forum.They offer a spike hunt 14 to 16 month bull ,and it is a three day hunt on horse back.I am guessing one this young would be around 700 to 800 pounds. Any info you can give me on this would be a great help.Thank you
RMulhern

Spike hunt?

Post by RMulhern »

jim

Ya probably ain't gonna get much response on here maybe till this Fall and cool weather comes back! These boys are punching paper and shootin steel to worry bout hunting right now!

In answer to your question....don't know anything bout this ranch other than what I've looked up on the net!

Good luck!
Old Doe Shooter

Post by Old Doe Shooter »

http://www.huntinfo.com/pcrossbar/

I don't know anything about Hawes and this might be further for you to drive but several of us on the board know the Scott's to be A-OK. Email if you have ??
pete

Post by pete »

I've seen a couple of hunting shows that were filmed there. I've also seen some photos including ones that were on their website. The only thing that struck me was that except for trophy bulls quite a few of their buffs were on the small side some looking pretty much like calves. 14-16 mos. seems kinda young. Most younger animals that are taken at other places seem to be at least in the 2 year old range. Maybe that's why their's seem small.