Anyone been to the Dallas Safari show before

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Crazy Horse

Anyone been to the Dallas Safari show before

Post by Crazy Horse »

I was wondering if anyone on here has been to the Dallas Safari Show before? I only live 3 or 4 hours from Dallas and would love to go out and hold some of the Shilohs and meet the people that make them. I have heard that this Safari show is expensive to go to and geared for the wealthy. I don't want to go spend a pile of money that could be used for a downpayment on a rifle. Let me know if you have any info. on the show. Thanks, Larry
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

Do you know for sure that Shiloh will be there?

I've a friend who lives in the Duncunville area & would like to see the rifles.

If not, save your $$ & go to the SHOT Show in La$ Vega$ Feb. 12-15, '04.
aka-slim

Post by aka-slim »

To get into the Shot Show in Vegas, you will have to be a FFL dealer or get one to buy a pass for you as a employee. It is a cloesd show to the general public. But if you can go it is worth the trip. Takes about two days to go through it good.

Keep your powder dry.

Slim
NRA Life
NLMRA Life
SASS Life
AGCA Life
ASSRA
U.S. Army, Special Forces, Retired
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

I was told by Lucinda that they were going to be there January 10-12th. I believe these dates are accurate.

Personally, if it cost $20 or so dollars to go and handle and see these rifles, that's fine with me. I also think it would be interesting to see, "The Wealthy side of Shooting".

The neat thing is, most of us are planing/trying or actually buying one of these premium grade rifles. I feel fortunate to be one. This will be my most expensive rifle purchase.

I do think this is the correct show for these. There are not many people who could shell out $2000 - $5000 for a custom made rifle. The only problem I see with it is, it is so much fun and would be real easy to get used to.

"An Apple from the Tree of Knowledge", comes to mind.

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

The lady at Shiloh told me that they would be there with a lot of guns. I can't afford to go to Las Vegas. If I could I probably would not ever make it to the Shot show. :>) I could afford a quick trip to Dallas but don't want to go if it cost a lot to go to the show. That is gun money! :>)
Lucinda

Dallas Show

Post by Lucinda »

I will be at the Dallas Safarri Club show.

Dates: January 9th - 11th
Times: Friday 10:00a.m. until 6:00p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. until 6:00p.m.
Sunday 10:00a.m. until 4:00p.m.

Cost: $10.00 a day or $15.00 for the weekend.

I will have all the rifles that we manufacturer showing different custom features, barrel lengths and models. You can handle them and get an idea of what you like. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to call us and ask.

Lucinda
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

10 bucks a day! Wow that is a lot better that what I was told. Someone told me they thought it was a 200 or 300 dollar fee to attend. I may have to head that way! Larry
Tejas Raz

Post by Tejas Raz »

I was there for last year's show. Shiloh had a fantastic display that really did the rifles and the company good! Very nice. Can't wait to see them again.

Yes, it is a $$$ show. Dallas Safari Club doesn't mess around for sure! They are a good group though. I was a member for one year and we did a nice display at this church for disabled kids with a lot of member's mounts. It was mostly set up for blind kids so that they could touch the animals and "SEE" what it was that we get all excited about. There was everything from squirrels to grizzlies to rhino for the kids to feel all over. We had fun and the kids went bonkers!!! But all kinds of good displays are there. Lots of outfitters, but many guns and knives too.

If you live anywhere near, you ought to come out. See you there.

~Scott
Scott Rasmussen
aka: Tejas Raz - Semper Fi!
http://community.webshots.com/user/tejas_raz
.45-70 Gov't, .40-60 Maynard & Patched Round Ball
NRA Life
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

Tejas Raz, Do you have to regester to attend or can you just show up like a gun show pay 10 bucks and go in?
Lucinda

Post by Lucinda »

Crazy Horse,
You just show up at the door when it opens and come on in and enjoy. Hope to see you there.

Lucinda
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

I'm going to try to go, anyone have any info on motels, maybe share a room???? Ken Hartlein.
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter