Hey, introduce yourself!

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

North of 56

Hey, introduce yourself!

Post by North of 56 »

Hi all, I've been lurking for a month or so, just absorbing all I can. I frequent several forms just like this one and a introduction page has been a great way to get to know everyone. I had a look at the members list, wow, there is lots of guys coming here! So tell everyone a little about yourself, I'll start.

Darrin West, Ft. McMurray Alberta Canada. Just turned 40, wonderful wife of 17 years and a 15 year old daughter. I work as a Operations Supervisor for large Oil and Gas company up here in Northern Alberta. Yup, it's cold here, -40 last weekend!

I'm bran new to the sport, built a Pedretti made IAB Sharps from a kit and gave it to my Father in-law for Christmas. He's talked about Sharps Buffalo guns for as long as I've know him, now he has one. One shot from it got me hooked and my loving Wife encouraged me to order myself a Christmas present for next year. I just put in an order for a Hartford, 45-110 with all the goodies! You gota love a woman like that, sorry her sister is already married!

Bowhunting and all things archery is my other passion, but I'm going to make some time for this new sport. Can't wait to get it!

Darrin
archdlx

Post by archdlx »

Darrin, just pm'ed you.

For the record, I'm not much different than yourself. 45, married 20yrs, 20 yr old daughter, 18yr old MOOSE (son), and 20mos old grandson. have been lurking and posting for awhile. Used to bowhunt, got lazy.
I also work for a large oil and gas company. Just a lowly production operator though! I look after 20 oil wells, 15 gas wells, a small battery, and no compressors, thankfully! As for the weather, BBBUUUURRRRR! we're not very far south of you. 150 miles?
Have lusted after Sharps ever since I started reading ELMER back in the early '70s.
Mim and I are going to Kenny and Gunnys' Grudge Match the end of May!
21 days booked, credit cards bein' caught up, gonna be a BLAST!! (pun intended) LeRoy.