I GOT THE CALL TODAY!!!

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Texas Shooter

I GOT THE CALL TODAY!!!

Post by Texas Shooter »

To All:

The next 5 days are going to be long ones. Today I received the call that my "Silly Wet" rifle is going to ship out Monday and arrive Wednesday.

#1 Sporter
45-70
Steel Buttplate
30 inch Barrel
Heavy Half
Accent Line
AAA finish
Brass Escutcheons
Bedded Forearm
Polished Barrel
Fire Blued Screwws
Schanabble Pistol Grip
Checkering
Pewter Tip
Bone and Charcoal Finish
Presentation Wood
Ron Heilman Front sight
MVA Buffalo rear sight

Thanks for your patience, the 14 month endurance test for this rifle is almost over. :-) :-) :-)

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Omak Cowboy

the rifle

Post by Omak Cowboy »

Oh man, Tex, I'll bet that's some kind of pretty! If there is any way I'd love to see photos of what is sure to be a drop dead beauty.

Omak
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
RIFLE:
45 - 70 #1 Sporter, shotgun buttplate, bone charcoal, 28 inch heavy octagon, semi fancy wood, pewter tip, MVA soule sights. 11 lbs, 10 1/2 ounces.
deerhuntsheatmeup

tex

Post by deerhuntsheatmeup »

Tex,

You will be very pleased with that rifle, it is very close to my "Rusti" rifle. The main difference being you opted for the pewter tip and I have the ebony tip. Also, my rifle is not checkered yet. You will be very pleased.

It will shoot as good as it looks I bet.

Later, David Barfield

PS Call and order some stock slick Monday just to be sure you don't have humidity problems like I did.
General Rustie
Oiling Director
FES Society
It's hard to have a bright light experience, when you are living in the light.
kamotz

Post by kamotz »

T.S. , Your new rifle is a dead ringer for mine. Only different caliber, and a few minor things. I am at the 16 month waiting mark, and hearing that yours is almost done makes me think mine will be done soon too.Like mabe a production run of no.1 's is about to be finished at the same time or something. I dont know, it helps to think like that I guess. Heres my options; semi fancy, pack harden, steel shotgun butt, accent line cheek, AA finish, Hartford collar, polished barrel 32", brass escut. polished screws, bedding forearm, schnable pistol grip, ebony forearm tip, traditional checkering, and mounting my MVA scope. You see Tex,? pretty similar huh? You lucked out only waiting 14 mos. I was told I may have another month to go. Congratulations. :D
Once you shoot black, youll never go back
Matthew_Q

Post by Matthew_Q »

This thread will be worthless if you do not post pictures of that fine shooting iron!
Josh A.

Rifle

Post by Josh A. »

So Tex, you going to make it down to Ft. Cadbourne one of these days?

J
No words of mine can hope to convey to you the ringing joy and hope embodied in that spontaneous yell: “The Americans are coming; at last they are coming!”

I hadn’t the heart to disillusion them.

John "Pondoro" Taylor
Africa 1955
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

David:

Thanks for the post. If it doesn't shoot as good as it will look, I'm sure I will know why...............me! ;-)

After learning about your experiance, I'm have "Stock Slick" sent with the rifle so I will have it from the start. This by far will be the nicest rifle I have ever owned. It will make many of my other rifles look pretty plain.

Texas Shooter
aka. Ty O'Neal
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

kamotz:

Thanks for the reply. Boy your rifle will be a beauty as well. I would love to have a MVA scope. That would be a really nice thing to have and they look really cool as well.

Is your new rifle your first Shiloh as well? If not what other models do you enjoy? For me this will be the start of a long and fun experiance.

Take Care,

Texas Shooter

T.S. , Your new rifle is a dead ringer for mine. Only different caliber, and a few minor things. I am at the 16 month waiting mark, and hearing that yours is almost done makes me think mine will be done soon too.Like mabe a production run of no.1 's is about to be finished at the same time or something. I dont know, it helps to think like that I guess. Heres my options; semi fancy, pack harden, steel shotgun butt, accent line cheek, AA finish, Hartford collar, polished barrel 32", brass escut. polished screws, bedding forearm, schnable pistol grip, ebony forearm tip, traditional checkering, and mounting my MVA scope. You see Tex,? pretty similar huh? You lucked out only waiting 14 mos. I was told I may have another month to go. Congratulations. Very Happy
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

Josh and Matthew_Q:

Thanks for the message. I am trying to get my web page completed. As soon as I can, I'll post some pictures. I'd hate for all this to be worthless. :-) :-)

Josh, I will try to get down that way before to long. Until I have my back fixed, the length of my roadtrips are somewhat limited. I hope to get it done by Christmas or shortly after the new year.

It would be fun to meet some of the Texas BPCR shooters. Josh, what are you shooting there? Once I get down there, you would be welcome to give this rifle a go if you want.

I've got a long way to go learning and meeting people in this sport.

Take Care,

Ty O'Neal
aka Texas Shooter

Josh A.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:42 am Post subject: Rifle
So Tex, you going to make it down to Ft. Cadbourne one of these days?

J
Matthew_Q
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:41 am Post subject:
This thread will be worthless if you do not post pictures of that fine shooting iron!
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
kamotz

Post by kamotz »

Tex S. , Yes this will be my first Shiloh, and first bpcr rifle. And so, to show how inteligent I am,I ordered it in 45-110. But hey, I shoot whitetail deer with a Sako .300 Ultra Mag. So I am not in to playing with toys. :twisted: Probably next for me will be a Lone Star RB.,"unless shiloh produces a Borchardt" then a Hi-wall, then a ballard,Got to have some variety. But the shiloh will have a special place for me being first.
Once you shoot black, youll never go back
Josh A.

Ft. Chadbourne

Post by Josh A. »

Tex:
I have been shooting a Shiloh Hartford in 45-100 for the last few years. I've got a new Jones mould that I am looking forward to trying, it is looking good at the ram line at my range. I suspended silhouette work since I found out I drew a muzzle loader mule deer tag for Colo. in Sept. I am working hard to shake out my ML. Matter of fact, I have located a couple of Shiloh 1863's that are in route here. One is a .54 military rifle that I am going to fix up to use as a muzzle loader. I'm going to kill a mule deer with it or die trying.

I'll be back at the Fort for the October shoot. Come down when you can.

Take care,

J
No words of mine can hope to convey to you the ringing joy and hope embodied in that spontaneous yell: “The Americans are coming; at last they are coming!”

I hadn’t the heart to disillusion them.

John "Pondoro" Taylor
Africa 1955
KHR

Post by KHR »

Josh,
could you comment on the competition that you have at ft Chadburn? How far is it from Austin? Do yall have any long range events?

Kamotz, my first shiloh was also a 45/110 got it only about 6 weeks ago, then went on vacation for almost a month! but have been shooting it a lot to make up for lost time, the vacation was fun but in the back of the mind was the anticipation of getting back home and seeing what it could do. It is the 14 lb heavy barrel that really tames the recoil. I also got the MVA scope for it, the scope is absolutely outstanding!

:-)
keith
Some originals and some Shilohs.
Molon Labe
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

kamotz:

Thanks for the message. I understand your ailment. ;-)

In the past for those deadly whitetails, I've used .338 Ultramag, 405 WCF and I just picked up a Shiloh 50-140 Business Rifle incase they get ornery.

I too would like to have a Lone Star RB and a Ballard, but they will have to wait till I'm finished buying some more Shiloh's. I am very interested to find out whether the Borchardt will be available in 2005 or 2006. Word has it that they may have "Their" Borchardt ready for the 2005 Shot Show.

Maybe someone on this board can add something to this.

Take Care,

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

Josh A:

Thanks for the email.

Good luck on your Mule Deer, I bet you will have a great time. I will just be trying to get in a lot of trigger time in the next few months. My wife will need to get her knees replaced later this year, then I need to get my back fused. So needless to say, my trips will be somewhat limited for a while.

I'm just glad we live were operations like this can be done. In the mean time, as long as I can get to a range, I can always work on some loads,

I'll try and make the shoot as soon as I can. In the mean time, please feel free to keep me updated on the events and goings on of that group.

Thanks again.

Texas Shooter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:28 am Post subject: Ft. Chadbourne
Tex:
I have been shooting a Shiloh Hartford in 45-100 for the last few years. I've got a new Jones mould that I am looking forward to trying, it is looking good at the ram line at my range. I suspended silhouette work since I found out I drew a muzzle loader mule deer tag for Colo. in Sept. I am working hard to shake out my ML. Matter of fact, I have located a couple of Shiloh 1863's that are in route here. One is a .54 military rifle that I am going to fix up to use as a muzzle loader. I'm going to kill a mule deer with it or die trying.

I'll be back at the Fort for the October shoot. Come down when you can.

Take care,
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Bo Alley

Post by Bo Alley »

Congrats and good luck. Know exactly what you mean about the 14 mo endurance wait!! Phoenix Az is also two Shiloh Sharps richer. Quigley last week to my friend and my LRE due to arrive same day as yours!

Bo
A craftsman makes his own schedule!