My Thanks to the folks at Shiloh

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Tallperson

My Thanks to the folks at Shiloh

Post by Tallperson »

I want to express my thanks to Kirk and all the folks at shiloh for helping me out with a problem that was driving me crazy. My '74 long range express 450-120 would not group 12 inches at 100yds with the iron sights. At the end of May I made the trip to Big Timber and laid my rifle on the counter . After explaining my problem Lucinda took one look and said the front and rear sights were never meant to go together. I recieved this rifle before these folks took over the company. She called Kirk over and he looked things over and made a few suggestions. A new front sight was installed, also a MVA long range tang sight with a Hadley eye disc. We also discussed loads and Kirk handed me a box of Buffalo Arms 575 grain "big mamu's" He said try these with 100 grains of powder. Well let me tell you the 8 inch gong is taking a whippin' first at 100 yrds and now out at 300.. No deflection left or right just crank the sight up a little higher. Thanks again folks for your expertiese and your caring. All the other guns are sitting in the cabinet and the Sharps gets all the exercise. I will be taking it for Elk this fall in Wyo. and i am planning a buff hunt soon.
Thanks again Robyn Schappaugh
(Tallperson)
Platteville Colorado
KEEP YOUR NOSE IN THE WIND AND YOUR EYES ON THE SKYLINE